Information for New Buyers
Thank you for your interest in joining ZAG (Zoo & Aquarium Buyers Group)! ZAG is a non-profit, volunteer-run, professional organization whose purpose is to increase communication and networking opportunities between zoo and aquarium merchandise buyers, and to share information on sales trends, product sources, good ideas and success stories.
ZAG membership provides:
- Access to the ZAG members’ contact list. This list has contact information on over 300 merchandise buyers and decision makers just like you from over 260 different zoos, aquariums, nature centers, butterfly houses, safari parks and more. Each member is a great potential source of information and advice when you have questions about a new product, new idea or operating policy.
- Access to the ZAG sponsor list. ZAG is funded by sponsors, vendors who pay an annual sponsorship fee which gives them access to the members contact list and increased exposure to the members through the newsletter and web site. Check out our sponsors, and be sure to ask if they offer ZAG members any special deals. (Please remember that ZAG members are under no obligation to buy from a ZAG sponsor, ever.)
- An electronic copy of the quarterly ZAG newsletter, which has articles on sales trends, upcoming gift shows, and interviews with fellow ZAG members.
- Our website, zaggift.com, has back issues of the newsletter, photos of merchandise displays from ZAG member gift shops, quick links to ZAG sponsors and more.
- ZAG members get free subscriptions to three magazines devoted to merchandising in the zoo/aquarium/museum/tourism markets.
- Edplay magazine
- Museums and More magazine:
- Souvenirs, Gifts and Novelties magazine
Please contact any of the ZAG Board members if you have any questions about ZAG.